Colonial Pipeline continues to work diligently in a coordinated response effort, keeping safety and environmental protection at the forefront.
Colonial has established an Incident Command System (ICS) to ensure a well-orchestrated response, in conjunction with the support and collaboration from our local response partners. The pipeline remains shut down as Colonial crews are working 24 hours a day.
The company appreciates the ongoing support of the Huntersville Fire Department, the Huntersville Police Department and other response partners as we work together to ensure public safety and protection of the local environment.
The following summarizes key response activities at this time:
- Colonial has reached out to local landowners to provide information on our response efforts in their area.
- Notifications have been made to local, state and federal agencies, per Colonial’s response procedure and regulatory requirements.
- Crews are onsite and are actively working to control and monitor the source so that clean-up and repairs can begin, as needed.
- Colonial has worked with the Huntersville Police Department and the North Carolina Department of Transportation to establish a road closure of Huntersville-Concord Road between Lawther Road and Asbury Chapel Road, and provide a temporary traffic detour around the work site via Glendale Drive, Ramah Church Road and Hiwassee Road.
- Colonial is working with local residents to maintain local access to residences impacted by the road closure.
- Air quality monitoring has been set up by Colonial as part of our standard response protocols. Air quality in the surrounding area has been deemed safe, and monitoring will continue.
Additional updates will be posted to the Colonial website at https://sr2448.colonialresponse.com as new information becomes available. All future notices regarding this situation will be posted to this site.
About Colonial Pipeline: Colonial Pipeline Company, founded in 1962, connects refineries – primarily located in the Gulf Coast – with customers and markets throughout the Southern and Eastern United States through a pipeline system that spans more than 5,500 miles. The company delivers refined petroleum products such as gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, home heating oil, and fuel for the U.S. Military. Colonial is committed to safety and environmental stewardship across its operations. More information about Colonial is available at www.colpipe.com.
# # #